These cookies are vegan, have a gluten and refined sugar free option, and are, clearly, full of nutrients. The texture is soft and chewy, reminiscent to that of your favorite pumpkin bread!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies [Vegan]
18 large or 3 dozen small
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1 flax egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat together oil and sugar in a separate bowl, until smooth. Beat in flax egg and vanilla, and then add in pumpkin. Gently beat in dry ingredients until everything is well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough onto cookie sheets using a 1/4-cup measure for larger cookies, or a tablespoon measure for smaller cookies. Bake larger cookies 15 to 18 minutes, or smaller cookies 12 to 14 minutes, until golden.
These cookies come deliciously chewy when prepared with gluten-free oat flour, but also come great using half oat flour and half gluten-free or regular all-purpose flour.