Mmmmm…nothing gets the family running to the table quite like a big plate of beanballs. I assure you though, these balls taste way better than they sound. Truly. I couldn’t stop popping em. They are a new favorite of mine.
Cheezy BeanBalls [Vegan]
- 1-15 ounce. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 flax egg
- 1/4 cup diced parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 cup panko
- 2 heaping tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Pinch of cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with a non stick spray. Set aside.
- Take the chickpeas and add to a food processor. Process until a thick mash is formed. Scrape down sides as necessary and leave a few chunks. (we aren't makin' hummus here!)
- Scoop the processed chickpeas into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix to combine. I found using my hands to mash together is the best way.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil. When pan is hot add in beanballs and sauté for 2-3 minutes on each side. You want to get a nice crisp on the outside.
- Once ready transfer the balls to baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
To make a flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon flax meal with 3 tablespoons water.