There is nothing better than letting the Saturday morning farmers market inspire you. At this time of year, you may be seeing a surplus of vibrant rainbow Swiss chard during your grocery hauls. Simply sauté up some of the colorful chard with garlic scapes and fresh basil for a healthy, flavorful pasta dish!
Rainbow Chard and Garlic Scape Fettuccine [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large bunch rainbow Swiss chard, the very ends trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3-4 garlic scapes
- Olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Spinach fettuccine or your favorite pasta
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Slice the stalks of the Swiss chard into 1/2-inch bite-sized pieces. Roughly chop the Swiss chard leaves. Finely chop the garlic. Slice the garlic scapes into 1/4-inch pieces.
- In a large saute pan, drizzle a small amount of olive oil. Over medium-high heat, sauté the Swiss chard, garlic, and scapes. Sprinkle with a bit of salt.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Cook 2 servings of pasta for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and reserve 1/4 cup or less of cooking water. Set aside.
- Once the veggies are cooked to your liking, transfer the pasta to the sauté pan, toss the pasta and veggies together adding a bit of the reserved cooking water if needed.
- Transfer pasta to 2 plates or bowls, top with basil, and sprinkle with a healthy pinch of flaky salt.