These quesadillas are so, so, so delicious and the recipe makes a bunch that you can pop in the fridge for meals all week long. The leftovers are even tastier (if that’s possible) so if you’re looking for a dish to make ahead, this is it.
Cauliflower Walnut Taco Meat Quesadillas [Vegan]
- 5 cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons organic canola oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Grated vegan cheese
- 1 package whole wheat flour tortillas
- Add your quartered mushrooms and walnuts to a food processor and pulse about 25-30 times until they are broken down into tiny pieces (stop before it becomes pureed!). Remove from the processor and set aside.
- Add your cauliflower florets to the processor and pulse until the finished product is rice sized in appearance. Set aside.
- Heat your oil in a large skillet over medium heat and then add your diced onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add your pressed garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add your mushroom/ walnut mix, riced cauliflower, taco seasoning and soy sauce and stir well to combine.
- Allow this to cook for about 10-15 minutes until the water from the veggies has evaporated and the finished product resembles 'meat'.
- Meanwhile heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and spray a thin layer of oil (optional).
- Prepare your quesadillas by adding a thin layer of Daiya Pepperjack (or Chao), a layer of Cauliflower Walnut Meat and another thin layer of Pepperjack cheese.
- Add to the hot skillet and cook for about 3 minutes. Watch to ensure it doesn't burn!
- Flip carefully and cook another 3 minutes.
- Use a pizza slicer to cut into wedges and serve with salsa.