This is a wonderful twist on the Middle Eastern classic, shawarma. The roasted cauliflower bites are packed with spices and aromatics that will leave you wanting more after every bite. Plus, the garnish of pomegranate seed, tahini, and pine nuts makes this dish perfect for your social media feeds.
Cauliflower Shawarma With Pomegranate, Tahini, and Pine Nuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup tahini, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons roasted pine nuts, for garnish
- Mix all of the spices (down to but not including the tahini) together.
- Place head of cauliflower in a large pot of salted boiling water.
- Cook it until stem can be just pierced with a knife.
- Take it out of the water, drain it, and place it on a plate.
- Take the spice rub and rub it all over the cauliflower making sure to coat it well.
- Preheat the oven to about 400°F.
- Place the spice rubbed cauliflower in the oven and char it on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and place it on a cutting board. Cut it into bite-size pieces and place them on a serving plate.
- Drizzle the tahini sauce over the cauliflower then sprinkle it with the pomegranate seeds and roasted pine nuts.