Curry is a weekly affair in my kitchen. With only a few simple ingredients, you can make something really special that rivals any takeaway! This cauliflower chickpea curry is ready in just 30 minutes, perfect for a cosy weeknight meal. A fragrant blend of spices combine with coconut milk for a dreamy, flavourful sauce that isn't too spicy, but has just the right amount of kick to keep you coming back for more. Extra comforting served with fluffy white rice and fresh naan bread.
Cauliflower Chickpea Curry [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cauliflower Chickpea Curry [Vegan]
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons ginger, ground or 2 teaspoons fresh grated
- 1/2 teaspoons coriander
- 1/2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
How to Prepare Cauliflower Chickpea Curry [Vegan]
- Heat a large pan with 3 tbsp oil and fry onion for 5 mins, until soft and fragrant.
- Add in garlic and spices and fry for a further 3 mins. Splash in a little water if it starts sticking to the bottom of the pan. Add in cauliflower florets, chickpeas and chopped tomatoes and simmer for 20 mins with the lid on.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for another 10 mins with the lid off. Taste and adjust seasoning as required. Sprinkle with coriander just before serving - super delicous with rice and homemade naan.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.