In this recipe, halved avocados are stuffed with a homemade cashew cream, garnished with chopped nuts and chives, and served with a side of sliced cherry tomatoes. This simple recipe both looks and tastes like something you would order off the menu at a high-end restaurant, but it's so easy — and affordable — to make in your own home. Serve these as an appetizer or light course at a dinner party, or simply enjoy them with no occasion in mind.
Cashew Cream Stuffed Avocado [Vegan]
- 2 avocados
For the Filling:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 4 hours and rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1/4 clove of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
For the Garnish:
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 4 Brazil nuts, roughly ground and mixed with 1/2 teaspoon tamari.
- 4 cherry tomatoes, julienned
- 2 tablespoons paté
- Blend all ingredients for the filling in high-speed blender until smooth.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the seeds, and with a spoon, scoop out the flesh in one piece.
- Brush olive paté on a plate, place the avocado half on top and fill with the filling. Garnish with ground Brazil nuts and chopped chives. Add the cherry tomato julienne on the side.