These creamy and delicious Cashew Coconut Oats are super easy to make and packed with antioxidants, complex carbohydrates, fibre, healthy fats, and plant-based protein. Serve them warm or cold for a quick and nourishing breakfast or lunch.
Cashew Coconut Oats [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cups canned light coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 to 2 Tbsp vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp white chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- sugar-free monk fruit or sweetener of choice, adjusted to taste
- optional toppings: sliced fruit, nuts and/or nut butter, unsweetened coconut , granola, or toppings of choice
- Put all of the ingredients excluding toppings in a bowl or single-serving mason jar(s) and stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for a minimum of 6 hours.
- In the morning, stir and add additional coconut, nut butter, sweetener, and/or milk for desired taste and consistency. Serve chilled or heated with your choice of toppings.