These snack balls are wonderful to make when you don't want to turn on your oven! They come together quickly and easily, and are packed with flavor!
Cashew and Lemon Balls [Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free]
- 1/2 cup of oat flakes
- 3/4 cups of cashews
- 1.5 tablespoons of softened coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons of brown rice syrup
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder (optional)
- shredded coconut
- Place the oat flakes in the chopper and process until they are in flour.
- Add the cashews and chop until they are well ground.
- Add the lemon zest, juice, coconut oil, salt, brown rice syrup and turmeric if you like (it turns yellow).
- Process everything until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Make balls the size of a walnut and pass them through the grated coconut.
- Store them in the refrigerator.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile