If you think the words "fritter" and "good-for-you" can't go together, this recipe aims to challenge that notion! Loaded with fresh carrots, herbs, and flax, these babies pack a powerful nutritional punch. Serve them over a bed of fresh microgreens and pair them with the simple, creamy tahini yogurt sauce.
Carrot Fritters With Tahini Yogurt Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Fritters:
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups pea shoots or other microgreens
For the Tahini Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup plain Greek coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Mix together the ground flax and water in a small dish and then set aside to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Evenly combine the vegetables, chickpea flour, and spices and then stir in the thickened flax.
- Lightly coat a pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Scoop approximately 1/8 cup portions of the fritter mix and form into patties. The patties will fall apart easily but will bind nicely once they're cooked. Fry on both sides until they are golden brown.
- Using a hand blender or a whisk, mix together all of the ingredients for the tahini yogurt sauce.
- To serve, lay on a bed of pea shoots or mircogreens and top with the tahini yogurt sauce.