In need of a sweet bread that is also good for you? We thought so. You need to try this carrot cake bread recipe. It's moist, sweetened with dates, and has ground flaxseeds and freshly grated nutmeg! Enjoy it as is, or slather some icing on top if you really want to get decadent.
Carrot Cake Bread [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Carrot Cake Bread [Vegan]
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 carrot, grated
- Zest of one orange
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
How to Prepare Carrot Cake Bread [Vegan]
- In a large bowl, combined all three flours, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together molasses, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, hot water, and milk.
- Add liquid mixture to flour mixture, and then add in carrot, orange, and chopped dates. Stir gently until mixture is fully combined.
- Pour batter into a rectangular pan, lined with baking paper, and bake at 375°F for 30-45 minutes, or until the top is golden and a stick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack, slice, and serve.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.