Vegan caramel ice cream! What is special about this recipe? It is purely vegetable, cream-free and does not require an ice machine. You simply pour the delicious mixture into ice cream molds and enjoy it on a stick.
Caramel Popsicle [Vegan]
For the Caramel sauce:
- 8.8 ounces granulated sugar
- 2.82 ounces rice milk
- 1.4 ounces margarine/vegetable fat of your choice
- pinch of salt
For the Popsicle:
- 1.75 ounces rice milk
- 3.5 ounces water
- 2.82 ounces caramel sauce
- Caramelize the sugar in a tall saucepan. In the meantime, swirl the pot slightly, but do not stir, otherwise the sugar will start to clump. Once the sugar has melted and turned into a liquid, golden-brown caramel, remove it from the heat.
- Boil 2.82 ounces of rice milk with vegetable fat. As soon as the fat has completely melted, stir into the hot caramel in portions. Be careful, the mass is very hot and bubbles during this process!
- Salt the resulting caramel sauce a little. Pour into a bowl and let cool completely for a few hours.
- Mix the popsicle mixture. Stir in 2.82 ounces of the cooled caramel sauce. If the caramel does not dissolve, heat the mixture and stir.
- Pour Ice base in four Ice molds (also called Popsicle molds) and freeze overnight.
- Cover and let the rest of the caramel sauce stand at room temperature.
- Carefully remove the ice cream from the molds and drizzle with the remaining caramel sauce.