Craving those colorful lattes you see in Instagram? You don't need to make a special trip — you can make it yourself at home. For a pink latte, just use beet powder! Beet powder is brilliant for its color alone. But it also tastes amazing – even if you’re not a beet lover, you should try beet powder because it is fruitier and less earthy-tasting than the real thing. This caffeine-free pink latte is made with beet powder, sweetened by date syrup, and has a wonderful, fruity flavor.
Caffeine-Free Pink Latte [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2-1 tablespoon beet powder
- 1 teaspoon date syrup
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- Mix together the beet powder, date syrup, and water in the mug you want to drink from. Make sure there are no lumps left.
- Pour the milk into a separate large mug and heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Next, use a handheld milk frother to create the bubbles. Hold the frother just beneath the surface and slowly move it towards the top of the mug as the level of the foam rises.
- Once your milk has foamed up pour it into your mug with the beet powder, sweetener, and water.