These Cacao and Peanut butter Protein balls are a delicious snack to take to lunch or if you’re just after a sweet treat! If you love peanut butter and chocolate then these are for you! Not only are they delicious, they are also good for you. There are so many snack options on the market today that claim to be healthy by putting words like sugar free, gluten free, vegan etc… however don’t be fooled as a lot of the time they can be a unhealthy choice. It’s always best to make your own so you control what goes in them! Plus they taste better too!
Cacao and Peanut Butter Protein Balls [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cacao and Peanut Butter Protein Balls [Vegan]
- 9 Medjool dates
- 2 heaped tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts (or any other type of nuts will do)
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 scoop vanilla pea protein powder
- Pinch of himalayan salt
How to Prepare Cacao and Peanut Butter Protein Balls [Vegan]
- Remove pits from dates and add them to a bowl. Pour hot water over them to soften for approximately 5 mins.
- Once the dates are soft, pour out all the water and place into a food processor or high speed blender along with the peanut butter and salt then blend until smooth.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and blend together. Don't over blend as you still want some chunky bits in the mixture. If you are having trouble blending you can always stop and mix it together with a spoon then blend again.
- Scoop out into a bowl and roll small amounts in your hands into balls and continue with the remaining mix.
- Store in an air tight container in fridge and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Peanut Butter
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.