These energy-boosting treats are the perfect mid morning or mid afternoon snack when hunger hits! Make these for the week and keep them in the fridge – if they last that long!
Cacao and Coconut Flapjack Bites [Vegan]
For the base:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons smooth nut butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
For the topping:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons smooth nut butter
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Coconut chips
- Freeze-dried raspberries
- Cacao-coated goldenberries
- First make the base: Mix together the oats and coconut flour. Gently melt the coconut oil, nut butter and maple syrup then pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Tip into a small tub or tin lined with greaseproof paper and press down evenly. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil, nut butter and maple syrup then remove from the heat and whisk in the cacao powder. Stir in the cacao nibs then pour over the base to cover. Sprinkle over the coconut chips and freeze-dried raspberries.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- When ready to serve, lift out from the tub/tin and place on a chopping board. Cut into small pieces (about 10-12) and top each one with a few cacao-coated goldenberries. Enjoy!