A “haystack” is a Southern treat comprised of butterscotch, peanut butter, peanuts, and asian rice noodles. As a whole, it’s a combination of somewhat random ingredients that just seamlessly go together. Whether you have refined tastes or jump at the opportunity to reminisce with classic recipes turned vegan, you’ll love this recipe.
Butterscotch Hay Stacks [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Butterscotch Hay Stacks [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 bags vegan butterscotch morsels
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 ounces chow mein noodles
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup salted peanuts
How to Prepare Butterscotch Hay Stacks [Vegan]
- Line cookie sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- Put the vegan chips in a microwave safe bowl with coconut oil, melt for 1 minute, stirring between 10-15 second intervals.
- Once fully melted stir in the peanut butter until well blended.
- Combine the chow mein noodles and peanuts in a large bowl and pour the butterscotch/peanut butter mixture over them and stir until all the ingredients are well coated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate until set. Can be stored at room temp during the winter; during the summer might require refrigeration.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Peanut Butter
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 375 | Carbs: 40 g | Fat: 23 g | Protein: 5 g | Sodium: 279 mg | Sugar: 26 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.