These butternut squash steaks are the perfect main course for a fall-inspired meal. When seasoned with olive oil, fresh herbs, salt and pepper, and a dash of balsamic vinegar, they become delightfully flavorful. Cook these in the oven until tender and serve with quinoa, heirloom tomatoes, and microgreens for a colorful and nutritious meal.
Butternut Squash Steaks [Vegan]
- 1 butternut squash
- Olive oil to taste, approximately 1 tablespoon in total
- Fresh or dried herbs (oregano, thyme, marjoram)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A little bit of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 390°F.
- Wash and peel the squash.
- Cut the “neck” of the squash off.
- Cut the “neck” in four steaks.
- Make a grid pattern on the steaks with a knife.
- Sprinkle the oven dish with oil. Place the steaks in. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle with herbs. Put steaks in the oven.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes. Gently prick with a fork. The steaks are done when you can pierce through but they remain slightly firm.