This butternut squash salad is perfect for the tricky weather during the autumn season. Using fresh butternut squash adds some heartiness that you look for in a warm meal that fills you up while the greens keep it light. Plus, butternut squash is in season now so you can get it fresh and cheap! When it comes to butternut squash, soup is probably the number one dish that most people make with it. Butternut squash soup is delicious!
Butternut Squash Salad [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups butternut squash cooked
- 1 red onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 bunch chopped kale
- 3 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
For the Squash:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and seed the butternut squash and cut into cubes.
- Cut red onions into thick slices.
- In a bowl toss the butternut squash, red onions, olive oil, garlic, herbs de Provence, salt, and pepper.
- Place butternut squash cubes and onion mixture on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes or until tender, turning the squash over after 15 minutes.
For the Salad:
- Add the arugula, kale, sunflower seeds, and walnuts in a bowl and mix.
- Place the butternut squash and red onions over salad.
- Top with sesame seeds and dressing.