Bulgur, a staple of Middle Eastern food, is a fine grain that's packed with fiber and protein. Prepare this bulgur dish as an alternative to a tofu scramble for a filling and satisfying breakfast to start off your day.
Bulgur With Curcuma, Veggies, Nuts, and Cranberries [Vegan]
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 tsp curcuma
- Salt to taste
- 2 zucchini
- 1 broccoli-floret
- 1 cup pumpkin flesh, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 leek
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 1/2 cup figs or any other dried fruits of your choice
- Fresh parsley
- Prepare the bulgur according to the instructions, or cook it in salted water (ratio 1 part bulgur to two parts of water) for approximately 15-17 minutes.
- When almost done, add curcuma and mix well.
- Meanwhile, cut all the vegetables and cook them with olive oil on a low heat during 10-12 minutes in a deep pan.
- Add the cranberries, nuts and (optionally) dried fruits and parsley, mix well and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or till cranberries burst.
- Add the bulgur, stir well and serve.
Variation: use dried cranberries if fresh are not available.