You can't have a party without vegan buffalo wings! These seitan wings are perfectly spicy and sure to be the star of the show. Cauliflower wings are fun, but these vegan buffalo wings are made from seitan, which gives them a meaty texture. Frying them gives the wings a beautifully crispy skin that you can drench in as much or as little spicy Buffalo sauce as your heart desires. Pair these vegan seitan buffalo wings fresh celery and dairy-free blue cheese dip! Everyone at the party will be obsessed with your vegan buffalo wings!
Buffalo Seitan ‘Wings’ [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups vital wheat gluten
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- A sprinkle of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- Vegan chicken broth or water, as needed
- 6 tablespoons vegan egg replacer
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons Buffalo sauce
- Mix vital wheat gluten with 2 teaspoons onion powder, a sprinkle of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon poultry herbs, and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons tahini to a measuring cup. On top of the tahini add broth or water until it reaches the 1 1/4 cup mark. Mix together.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients/ Add more water to your dough if it feels too stiff. Knead dough for a minute.
- Divide dough in half. Pull one-half into small balls and the other half into wing shapes. These will double in size so make them small.
- Cover with water or broth. Boil for an hour. Once cooked lay them on a paper towel-lined cookie sheet to cool.
- Make vegan eggs as directed. Make sure the egg batter is on the thinner side. Add more water if needed.
- In a bowl, mix 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Dip nuggets and wings into flour then vegan egg batter then back into flour mixture. Fry on high/medium-high until golden brown. Fry in small batches.
- Once cooked mix each piece with Buffalo sauce.
- Buffalo Sauce
- Seitan (Plant Protein)
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 2020 | Total Carbs: 242 g | Total Fat: 40 g | Total Protein: 193 g | Total Sodium: 5943 g | Total Sugar: 1 g Per Serving: Calories: 1010 | Carbs: 121 g | Fat: 20 g | Protein: 97 g | Sodium: 2974 mg | Sugar: 1 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile