This dish is quick, easy, affordable, flavorful, fun, great for entertaining, has aesthetic appeal, can easily be made in bulk, you can add carrots for a nutrient and color boost, it’s perf for any season, non vegan approved, the breadcrumbs add additional texture, you can top with vegan blue cheese if you’re wanting to take this next level.
Buffalo Mac and Cheese [Vegan]
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 1 cup cashews (soaked, drained.)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (add more as needed to achieve desired consistency)
- salt/pepper as desired
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- To make the sauce soak cashews in boiling water for 10 minutes, drain and toss in a high powered blender with the remaining sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat add the breadcrumbs and vegan butter. Cook for 3-5 minutes until slightly golden. Remove from the pan, set aside.
- In that same pan combine the buffalo sauce with the cooked pasta over medium heat to heat all the way thru.
- Remove from heat and top with the toasted bread crumbs and chives.
- Buffalo Sauce