The star is the buckwheat which gives this granola a special flavor and unparalleled crunch. This granola is gluten free and perfect for breakfast or a snack!
Buckwheat Granola [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup (170g) buckwheat
- 3.5 oz (100g) oat flakes (gluten-free)
- 5.29 oz (150g) of nuts/seeds
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons (80g) agave nectar ou brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger
- Start by soaking the buckwheat for at least 4 hours.
- Strain and discard the soaking water. Let it drain well so that the buckwheat doesn't take too much water with it. If you want, you can dry it with a clean cloth.
- Turn on the oven to 320°F (160°C).
- In a bowl, mix together the buckwheat, coarse oat flakes, seeds or nuts, cinnamon and ginger.
- In another bowl, mix the agave syrupr and the melted coconut oil.
- Combine the contents of the two bowls and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on a large sheet, lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally with a fork.
- When the granola starts to turn golden, turn off the oven and let the granola sit inside until it gets colder. Don't forget to stir the granola.
- Remove, let cool and loosen the granola with your hands.
- Store in a bottle after cooling.