This vegan bruschetta is such an easy light lunch to have on the weekend. Once the yam toasts are baked, the rest of the recipe is simple.
For the Yam Toast:
- 1 medium yam or sweet potato (sliced into disks that are roughly 1/8" thick)
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado oil (make sure yams are lightly coated in oil)
- pinch of salt
For the Tomato Mixture:
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 4 basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the yam into circular discs that are roughly 1/8" in thickness. Coat both sides generously with oil (but not dripping). Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Place the yams on the baking sheet, spread out nicely from one another. Bake on one side for 15-20 minute and then flip them, and bake for another 10-15 minutes. You want the yams to look golden.
- While the yams are baking, prepare the tomato topping. Add the basil leaves and the garlic cloves (skins removed) to a food processor and pulse until both have been finely chopped. Cut the Roma tomatoes into quarters and then add to the garlic and basil mixture in the food processor. Gently pulse the mixture to chop up tomatoes. You want a chunky texture here, not a tomato sauce!
- Place the tomatoes, basil, and garlic into a bowl, add the balsamic vinegar, salt and oil.
- Adjust seasonings as desired. Set aside.
- If adding avocado to the bruschetta. Remove the fleshy part of the avocado into a bowl and mash accordingly. Set aside.
- Once the yam toast is done, let it cool for a few minutes. Then top each piece with mashed avocado and the tomato mixture.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Sweet Potato
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile