These almond butter brownies are the sweet treat you've been looking for. Extra moist and super fudgy, they've got the perfect texture! Of course, they also taste amazing! With melted chocolate and a swirl of almond butter baked right in, they are everything you could ever want in a brownie. Enjoy this decadent treat with a glass of plant-based milk or on its own. These almond butter brownies are great for parties, but you might want to keep these bad boys all to yourself. They're that good.
Almond Butter Swirl Brownies [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter plus 2 more for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 teaspoon maca
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seeds with 6 tablespoons water)
- Mix your ground flax with your water and set aside to gelatinize.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave at 15 second intervals, or over a double boiler. Once melted add 1 teaspoon coconut oil and mix to combine.
- Whisk together your dry ingredients in one bowl and your wet ingredients in another.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and fold together.
- Fold in your chopped hazelnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Place your brownie batter into a sprayed square pan or round cast iron pan.
- Swirl into the top of the batter 2 tablespoons of almond butter.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and bake the brownies for 30 minutes.
- Allow the baked brownies to cook for 30 full minutes in their pan, if you don’t they won’t set properly!
- Top with drizzle chocolate, more hazelnuts and almond butter.