This savory casserole will definitely be a winner in your weeknight recipe rotation. Hearty seasoned brown rice is baked with broccoli and other veggies to create a dish that's flavorful, filling, and easy to make.
Brown Rice Casserole [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups raw broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw carrot, finely diced
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion granules
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked rice, broccoli, tomatoes, and carrots, and stir until everything is nice and mixed up.
- In a smaller separate bowl, add the non-dairy milk, tahini, paprika, onion granules, and sea salt, and whisk until everything is combined.
- Add the liquid mixture to the rice mixture and stir.
- Add a tiny amount of olive or coconut oil to a paper towel and grease an 8×8 inch baking pan, wiping off any excess oil.
- Add the rice mixture to the pan, cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, take the foil off the baking dish, turn the heat up to 400°F and bake for an additional 10 minutes.