The only thing better than a brownie is a brownie PLUS a cookie! These healthy "brookies" are easy to make using your blender!
Brookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup drained white beans
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 small banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a square baking dish.
- Add your rolled oats to the blender, and blend until it forms a fine flour (if you are using premade oat flour, skip this step). Add 1/2 cup of almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and blend again to combine.
- Next, add the remaining wet ingredients: banana, white beans (make sure to drain your beans first!), maple syrup, ACV, vanilla, and almond butter. Blend for 1-2 minutes to make sure it is completely combined.
- Split the batter into two medium bowls. In one, combine with the remaining 1/4 cup of almond flour and the vegan chocolate chips. In the other, mix together with the cocoa powder and instant coffee.
- Spread the chocolate mixture into the greased pan, covering the bottom. Add the cookie mixture on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. I let mine cool in the pan at room temperature for 1 hour, then transfer to the freezer for about 45 minutes for the best texture. It will taste undercooked if you eat it right out of the oven, letting it sit allows it to finish cooking and set.