These little chocolates are made from completely natural ingredients, are super creamy yet light, and are bursting with coconut and berry goodness. Their superfood boost comes from spirulina and maca. Keep these on hand for whenever that chocolate craving strikes!
Blueberry Spirulina Chocolates [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Blueberry Spirulina Chocolates [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 1 tablespoon maca
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cacao butter, melted
- A tiny pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons blueberry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon spirulina
How to Prepare Blueberry Spirulina Chocolates [Vegan]
- Add your cashews, sweetener, vanilla, maca, lemon juice, and salt to your food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Melt the cacao butter and coconut oil in a bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Melt very slowly on low heat. Add to the food processor and mix to combine.
- Divide the base mix into three, then add the blueberry powder to one part and the spirulina to another. Mix the powders in thoroughly to combine.
- Layer the different color mixes into your chocolate moulds.
- Pop in the freezer for 2 hours until solid then remove from the moulds and store in the refrigerator.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.