Let's talk muffins!!!!! They're whole grain, oat-ilicios, low in fat, and high in juicy blueberries!!!
Blueberry Oat Muffins [Vegan]
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the applesauce, oil, maple syrup, and milk. Fold with a rubber spatula only until flour is almost fully combined.
- Add the blueberries and continue to fold until the flour is no longer visible. Be careful not to over mix!
- Spoon batter into the lined muffin tin 3/4 of the way full. Top with additional rolled oats and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile