These delicious, lemony, blueberry filled muffins are a huge hit with the family. They are so quick and easy to whip up so you can make them in a pinch for unexpected visitors or pop them into your kids’ lunch boxes. They also freeze well and make a great snack.
Blueberry Lemon Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 cup organic spelt flour
- 1 cup organic all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup organic canola oil (+ enough to oil the muffin tin)
- 2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF
- Lightly grease a muffin tin with canola oil.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together your spelt and all purpose flours, salt and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together your sugar, soy milk, canola oil, lemon extract and vinegar.
- Add your dry ingredients to the large mixing bowl and mix just until blended.
- Gently fold in your blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly between 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean or with a few cooked crumbs attached.