Low-sugar fruit + protein-packed seeds make for a nourishing, grain-free breakfast. This lemon blueberry breakfast bowl has just the right amount of sweetness. Plus, it's very healthy. Blueberries are high in fiber (which means their sugars digest a little more slowly), they're lower in sugar than most other fruits anyways, and they're super high in antioxidants (hurray for reducing damage to cells throughout the body!). This lemon blueberry breakfast bowl takes about 5 minutes to make, total, and can easily be packed up for an at-work/ on-the-run breakfast. Eat it with a spoon or drink it from your mason jar of choice –– whatever you prefer. Healthy fats and hormone-balancing compounds in the seeds, detoxifying, Vitamin-C-tastic lemon juice and just-sweet-enough-antioxidant-rich berries? This breakfast bowl beats donuts any day.
Blueberry and Lemon Breakfast Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Coarsely chop pumpkin seeds.
- Transfer to a bowl and add sunflower seeds.
- Combine blueberries (reserving 1 tablespoon), lemon juice and maple syrup into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer blueberry mixture to your bowl of seeds and stir to combine.
- Top with remaining blueberries.