I threw in some frozen Acai berries which adds a rich berry-cocoa flavor that is a lovely compliment to the sweet, slightly tart flavor of the blueberries. This smoothie is packed with flavor and valuable nutrients. While drinking this smoothie, imagine all the wonders it is doing for your body, like fighting free radicals with powerful antioxidants that may help reduce the risk of some diseases, such as heart disease and cancer. This Super Smoothie is delightful and so easy to make. I would have had seconds if there had been any leftover. It was so good.
Blueberry Açaí Super Smoothie [Vegan]
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup fresh apple, chopped
- 1-ounce packet unsweetened frozen açaí
- Handful of fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth and serve.It’s Nutrient-rich and delish. Enjoy.
If you like beets and I know I do, add 1/2 cup raw or cooked beets into this smoothie. So good!