For a dessert that will overcome each taste bud with happiness, you must try this gorgeous and jewel-hued blackberry lime cheesecake! It's easy to make, offers a big serving, is actually good for you, and tastes amazing. Sweet but not too sweet, tart but not too tart, this cashew-based cheesecake is delicious on its own and only gets better with a big scoop of raw vanilla ice cream.
Blackberry Lime Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Cheesecake:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 18 fresh or frozen blackberries
- Place the crust ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until very well combined, pressing down the sides as needed. You will be able to press it together and have it stick.
- Lightly grease a spring-form pan or desired mould. Cut a piece of parchment paper in a circle the size of your spring-form pan. Place on the bottom. Spread the crust ingredients evenly into the bottom of the pan and press very firmly. Place in the freezer and make the filling.
- Place the cheesecake ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until it is completely smooth, press down the sides as needed, and re-blend until silky smooth.
- Pour on top of the crust, even out with a spatula if needed. Whack it down on the counter top a few times to release the air bubbles. Place in a freezer for 6 or more hours until firm. Remove from the freezer and top with blackberries.
- Place in the refrigerator to thaw for 20 minutes or on the counter for about 10-15 minutes depending on your climate. Slice and serve.