Black bean and veggie soup is a hearty and comforting dish that is great to make on snowy day. It is a perfect dump anything as you go recipe.
Black Bean Veggie Soup For Snow Days [Vegan]
For the Soup:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 Small Green Pepper, chopped
- 1 Small Yellow or Orange Pepper, chopped
- 2 Medium Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 Small Zucchini, diced
- 1 14 ounce can of Fire roasted Tomatoes (or use chopped tomatoes)
- 2 14 ounce cans of Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2~1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Oregano
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Fresh or Frozen Corn
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- To taste Salt Pepper
- As needed Tortilla chips, crushed
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro, finely chopped
Heat oil in a medium soup pan, add onions, garlic and jalapeno. Cook till onions turn translucent, about 3~5 minutes.
Add the peppers, potatoes and zucchini; cook for 3~4 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, black beans, ground cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Next add the broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer the soup for 20~25 minutes or until the veggies are very tender. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Serve warm topped with tortilla chips, cilantro and Enjoy!!
Other Veggies that can be added: Sweet potato, butternut squash, pumpkin etc.
- Beans - All