This appetizer takes minutes to make so they are perfect for impromptu gatherings. These rolls are so healthy, rich in potassium, and most importantly, delicious!
Black Bean Hummus Stuffed Cucumber Rolls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cucumbers
- Into your food processor add your clove of garlic and pulse 4-5 times.
- Add the black beans, juiced lemon, tahini, cumin, paprika, pepper, and salt.
- Turn the machine on and while running, drizzle the olive oil through the spout.
- Stop and scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Blend one more time for about 30 seconds.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- You can use a vegetable peeler or a mandoline to thinly slice your cucumber ribbons. Please note: use the guide to protect your hand from the sharp blade.
- Trim the ends.
- Once you have sliced 2 cucumbers or so, lay them out evenly and spread a thin layer of the hummus on one side. Then begin rolling as pictured.
- Make sure you spread the hummus to the very end, even if it comes out a bit, to ensure they stay together and maintain the rolled shape.