This chocolate orange mousse is mega rich and super delicious. No trace of a bean-y taste left, just a smooth and creamy texture and a filling, protein-packed treat. It does have a fair amount of syrup in it to make it totally indulgent, but you could easily leave a few tablespoons out and still have yourself a yummy treat!
Black Bean Chocolate Orange Mousse [Vegan]
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.7 ounces pitted dates (soaked if using dried dates)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 8 tablespoons brown rice or maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- Zest of 1 organic orange
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao nibs (optional)
- Put the black beans and dates in a food processor and blend on high for a minute.
- Add the coconut oil, brown rice syrup, cacao powder, and milk, and blend again for another minute.
- Finally, stir in the orange zest.
- Spoon the mixture into 5-6 espresso cups, sprinkle with cacao nibs, and a little extra orange zest.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile