This chocolate orange mousse is mega rich and super delicious. No trace of a bean-y taste left, just a smooth and creamy texture and a filling, protein-packed treat. It does have a fair amount of syrup in it to make it totally indulgent, but you could easily leave a few tablespoons out and still have yourself a yummy treat!
Black Bean Chocolate Orange Mousse [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Black Bean Chocolate Orange Mousse [Vegan]
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.7 ounces pitted dates (soaked if using dried dates)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 8 tablespoons brown rice or maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- Zest of 1 organic orange
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao nibs (optional)
How to Prepare Black Bean Chocolate Orange Mousse [Vegan]
- Put the black beans and dates in a food processor and blend on high for a minute.
- Add the coconut oil, brown rice syrup, cacao powder, and milk, and blend again for another minute.
- Finally, stir in the orange zest.
- Spoon the mixture into 5-6 espresso cups, sprinkle with cacao nibs, and a little extra orange zest.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.