This drink was born when I brought in a huge pile of carrots – the last ones from the greenhouse harvested before it got too hot – and that forlorn scoop of pumpkin puree chiding me from its glass container in the refrigerator.
Beta Carotene Sipper [Vegan]
- 2 cups chilled carrot juice (fresh or bottled – make sure it’s 100 percent carrot juice)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large frozen banana
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 5-6 drops liquid vanilla-flavored stevia or pure maple syrup, to taste
- ~1/2 tsp. fresh ginger root
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Put all ingredients in a high-speed or regular blender and process until smooth.