With summer fast approaching, this healthy, simple, but stunning dessert is perfect for embracing the warm weather! The creamy cheesecake filling is made from coconut milk, cashews, and your favorite summer berries. Decorate with more fresh fruit, add a drizzle of vegan white chocolate, and serve!
Berrylicious Raw Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- Heaping 1/2 cup Medjool dates
- Scant 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
For the Filling:
- Scant 3/4 cup cashew nuts, soaked in water for 4 hours
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3.5 ounces fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Any fresh fruit
- Melted dark or vegan white chocolate
- First, make the base. Place the dates, almonds, and oats into a high-speed blender and use the pulse setting to grind down. This will take a few goes – be patient!
- You should end up with a dough that comes together. Tip this into an 8-inch loose-bottomed round tin and press down with your fingers to cover the base evenly. Place in the freezer while you make the cheesecake filling.
- Drain the soaked cashew nuts and place back in the clean blender jug along with the coconut milk, lemon juice, berries (make sure there are no stems or stalks!), melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Pour this on top of the firmed-up base and place back in the freezer for at least 4 hours to set.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove the cheesecake from the freezer 5 minutes beforehand. Carefully remove from the tin and place onto a serving board. Decorate with your choice of fruit and melt some white or dark chocolate then drizzle over.
- Slice up, serve, and enjoy. Keep any remaining slices in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.