This cake is so delicious and nutritious that it will make you want to live out the saying, "Life's uncertain, eat dessert first!" If it's hard for you to go without meat once a week, try this vegan chocolate beet cake for dinner. It's rich and flavorful, packed with goodness and totally makes you forget that meat exists. It's a dessert, by the way, but sometimes dessert is a great main! This chocolate beet cake is made with natural ingredients and sweetened naturally with dates and agave. The beetroot gives it a beautiful color and chocolate, a luxurious taste. With a nutty chocolate crust, a beet-cashew-carob filling, and an optional (but recommended) chocolate topping, this chocolate beet cake is irresistible.
Beet Cashew Cake [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Beet Cashew Cake [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2 cups ground cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds, pulse into chunks
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1/2 cup soaked pitted dates (about 4-5 dates)
For the Filling:
- 2 cups peeled and roughly chopped beets
- 1 1/2 cups ground cashews
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
For the Optional Chocolate Topping:
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
How to Prepare Beet Cashew Cake [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- Combine all crust ingredients in a blender until smooth. Sprinkle the carob/cacao powder in the base of one large springform pan and press down crust mixture. Freeze.
- Blend agave nectar and beets in blender until very smooth. Add cashew flour and blend again. Add remaining ingredients and process (do not overwork blender though). Pour mix over frozen base. Cover or seal cake on a flat surface for about 2 hours in the refrigerator or freezer until very firm.
- Process all topping ingredients until smooth. Pour over top of firm/frozen cake using a flat thick spatula to spread. Refreeze for 1-2 hours. It will be a thick topping. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 7473 | Total Carbs: 633 g | Total Fat: 377 g | Total Protein: 66 g | Total Sodium: 580 g | Total Sugar: 494 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.