A delicious and simple beet and green apple soup. May sound like an odd combo but just try it!!
Beet and Green Apple Soup [Vegan]
- 2 cups red beets
- 3/4 green apple
- 1 celery
- 1 onion
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup natural soy yogurt with no flavoring
- 1 tablespoon seeds of chia
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- whole salt: to taste
- black pepper: to taste
- Wash and clean the vegetables
- Cut the beetroot into slices and the peeled apple, chop the spring onion and the celery. Put everything in a saucepan and pour in the water, cook until the vegetables and the apple are soft (about 25 minutes).
- Reduce to the cream with the immersion blender until you get a smooth consistency (adjust the amount of water according to the your tastes) salt and pepper.
- Serve the cream warm or at room temperature with hot toasted black bread croutons, a tablespoon of plant-based yogurt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a light sprinkling of chia seeds and a few slices of radish or leaves of spinach if in season
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile