A delicious finger food perfect for an appetizer or a night in watching the big game! These crispy, fried artichokes are spiced with seaweed and coated in a beer batter to replicate the classic!
Beer Battered Artichoke ‘Fish’ Sticks [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Fish Stick Filling:
- 1 jar artichokes
- 1/4 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- seaweed flakes for flavor (optional)
To Make the Beer Batter:
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon old bay spice
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free beer
- Put everything in the food processor expect for batter ingredients
- Pulse until mixture holds shape. Use your fingers to pinch the mixture, if it holds shape then it’s done. If too wet or mushy add more bread crumbs. If too dry add water.
- Form fish stick shapes
- Mix everything for the batter together. Add the beer slowly. You may not need it all. You don’t want batter too thick or too thin.
- Dip fish stick mixture into batter then fry in heated oil until golden.
You’ll know your oil is hot if you place a chop stick or a wooden spoon into the oil. Place it at the bottom of your pot. If tiny bubbles form around it then you’re oil is ready to go.