Craving that mild chocolate and floral flavor combination? Well, you are in for a treat! These bars are made from oat flour and chickpea flour and are sprinkled with lavender buds. Bananas help give these desserts their decadent, super soft and irresistible texture.
Banana Chocolate Lavender Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Banana Chocolate Lavender Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lavender buds
- Extra cocoa powder, for dusting
How to Prepare Banana Chocolate Lavender Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan with oil.
- Sift the oat flour, chickpea flour, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Add the sugar and vanilla extract. Use a mortar and pestle to grind the lavender. Add the ground lavender to the banana mixture and stir.
- Fold the banana mixture into the sifted try ingredients until fully combined.
- Transfer the batter into the greased pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. After baking, remove from the pan and let cool on a wire rack before dusting with cocoa powder.
If you do not have chickpea flour, you may substitute 1/4 cup of additional oat flour. If you don't own a mortar & pestle, place lavender buds in a plastic bag and crush them with the side of a rolling pin.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 130 | Carbs: 30 g | Fat: 2 g | Protein: 3 g | Sodium: 115 g | Sugar: 14 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.