Anyone else a fan of a big ass ice cream cake, loaded with goodness and dripping with chocolate sauce? Yeah, I thought so. I decided to tackle a bananaberry ice cream cake, because hello… nana ice cream is great and all, but imagine it in CAKE form?! It looks intimidating, but I assure you… a 2-year old could make this. The recipe is fool-proof and requires minimal time and effort.
Banana Berry Ice Cream Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Banana Berry Ice Cream Cake [Vegan]
- 1 cup medjool dates, soaked for 10 min
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 cups soaked cashews (soaked about an hour)
- 1 frozen strawberries
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2-3 tbs coconut oil
- Chocolate syrup – (Make sure your brand is vegan)
- Mixed berries (optional decor)
- Sliced almonds (optional decor)
How to Prepare Banana Berry Ice Cream Cake [Vegan]
- Add all nuts to your food processor and run it until ground well
- Add soaked dates to processor, and run it again
- If mixture is not moist, add a little water
- Press into springform pan and put in the fridge for a half hour or so
- Blend 2 cups soaked cashews in your processor until smooth
- Add strawberries and bananas, blend until smooth
- Last but not least… add everything but the Hershey’s syrup – mixture should be thick.
- Pour mix into the springform pan over your crust – put in the freezer to set overnight
- Before serving, decorate with berries, almond slices, and chocolate syrup
Recipe adapted and modified from the wonderful Emily of This Rawsome Vegan Life.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.