This pudding is more like a really soft cake – it's moist, warm, and best served with a dollop of vegan yogurt or whipped cream and your favorite sliced fruit on the side. Yum!
Baked Sweet Potato and Coconut Pudding [Vegan]
- 1 big sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 7 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/8 cup coconut nectar or other liquid sweetener
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup small flaked oats, ground
- 1 tablespoon walnut butter
- 1-2 teaspoon of baking powder
- A fat pinch of vanilla and cinnamon powders
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- Start by steaming your prepared sweet potato until tender. Let it cool.
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- In the meantime, blend dates with some water until you obtain a creamy date caramel. Add the sweet potato and blend again.
- Pour the mixture in a mixing bowl, add all other ingredients and stir until smooth. Add some water – or dairy-free milk) if needed.
- Spread the dough in a cake pan – I used a 9×5.5-inch glass casserole dish – and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.