Are you ready for carrot bacon? Thinly sliced carrot strips are marinated in a blend of oil, garlic powder, and smoked paprika, then baked until wavy and slightly crisp. Eat this on tofu scramble, in a sandwich, or as a snack. There are endless ways to use carrot bacon. Deliciously smoky and so easy to make, this carrot bacon is out of this world.
Baked Smoky Carrot Bacon [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Baked Smoky Carrot Bacon [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to Prepare Baked Smoky Carrot Bacon [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Rinse carrot (no need to peel) and slice, lengthwise, using a mandoline. Lay the carrot strips on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 320°F.
- Stir together remaining ingredients in a small bowl and then brush carrot strips on both sides.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, or when the carrot strips are wavy.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 349 | Total Carbs: 21 g | Total Fat: 29 g | Total Protein: 2 g | Total Sodium: 2269 g | Total Sugar: 10 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.