Are you ready for carrot bacon? Thinly sliced carrot strips are marinated in a blend of oil, garlic powder, and smoked paprika, then baked until wavy and slightly crisp. Eat this on tofu scramble, in a sandwich, or as a snack. There are endless ways to use carrot bacon. Deliciously smoky and so easy to make, this carrot bacon is out of this world.
Baked Smoky Carrot Bacon [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Rinse carrot (no need to peel) and slice, lengthwise, using a mandoline. Lay the carrot strips on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 320°F.
- Stir together remaining ingredients in a small bowl and then brush carrot strips on both sides.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, or when the carrot strips are wavy.