Are you ready for carrot bacon? Thinly sliced carrot strips are marinated in a blend of oil, garlic powder, and smoked paprika, then baked until wavy and slightly crisp. Eat this on tofu scramble, in a sandwich, or as a snack. There are endless ways to use carrot bacon. Deliciously smoky and so easy to make, this carrot bacon is out of this world.
Baked Smoky Carrot Bacon [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Rinse carrot (no need to peel) and slice, lengthwise, using a mandoline. Lay the carrot strips on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 320°F.
- Stir together remaining ingredients in a small bowl and then brush carrot strips on both sides.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, or when the carrot strips are wavy.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 349 | Total Carbs: 21 g | Total Fat: 29 g | Total Protein: 2 g | Total Sodium: 2269 g | Total Sugar: 10 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
do you mean grape seed oil? also in the author portion there is an error " recipes is all " should be recipes are all or recipe is all.
Hi, I like your recipe for carrot bacon. Would you marinate the carrot strips overnight? Also, do you know how long these stay good in the fridge after making them? Thanks!