The only thing better than a delicious bowl of creamy mac and cheese is an appetizer that allows you to share this comforting pasta with friends! These baked mac and cheese bites are made by stuffing a tiny muffin pan with decadent mac and cheese, sprinkling a little (or a lot) of cayenne pepper on top, and then popping the tray in the oven so that the pasta can bind together. In just 20 minutes, you'll have a cute, whimsical appetizer that friends and family will love!
Baked Mac and Cheese Bites [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Baked Mac and Cheese Bites [Vegan]
- 3 cups medium-sized macaroni noodles
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
How to Prepare Baked Mac and Cheese Bites [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 425°F and grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil over low heat. Once the water has reached a boil, add in the macaroni and allow it to cook for about 5-7 minutes and then strain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, begin preparing your cheese sauce. In a separate saucepan, whisk together flour and oil over high heat. The flour may not combine all the way but this is okay, it will dissolve in the milk later.
- Whisk in almond milk, nutritional yeast, salt, cayenne, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid aminos until combined.
- Continue to whisk the cheese sauce as it reaches a boil and starts to thicken. Allow the sauce to thicken and then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooked pasta and 3/4 of the cheese sauce. Taste test now and add more salt or spices if you choose.
- Spoon the mac and cheese into the muffin pan. Be sure to stuff each dish a little higher than the top of the pan.
- Once all the mac and cheese is in the muffin pan, drizzle the remaining cheese sauce into each pile.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. After removing from the oven, let it cool for about 5 minutes so the bottom portion of the mac and cheese can cool down and bind to the top.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Cheesy Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.