These warm, crunchy tostadas are the perfect healthy game day snack. With hummus, roasted red pepper, and basil, they’re a delicious Mediterranean take on a Tex-Mex favorite.
Baked Hummus and Roasted Red Pepper Tostadas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Baked Hummus and Roasted Red Pepper Tostadas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 gluten-free corn tortillas or tortillas of choice
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Nutritional yeast for sprinkling, optional
How to Prepare Baked Hummus and Roasted Red Pepper Tostadas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Roast red bell pepper: Preheat oven to 475ºF and place whole pepper on baking sheet. Roast for 40-50 minutes, rotating throughout until pepper is wrinkled and appears slightly charred. Remove from oven and decrease temperature to 400ºF.
- Wrap roasted peppers tightly in foil and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. Remove stem, skin, and seeds and slice into strips
- Spread about 2 tablespoons hummus on each tortilla. Top with roasted bell pepper strips and basil on top of hummus. Sprinkle with oregano and nutritional yeast (if desired).
Spread tortillas on a baking sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until the tortillas are golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.