Crispy potato goodness. Enjoy your favorite breakfast potato the healthy way buy baking these hash browns instead of frying them! The potato is mixed with carrots for added nutrition.
Baked Hash Browns [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 Russet potatoes, grated and squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 2 carrots, grated and squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 1 medium red onion, grated and squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil, plus more for cooking
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour or arrowroot flour (gluten-free if necessary)
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a standard muffin tin with oil.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onions, parsley, melted coconut oil, flour, aquafaba, salt, and pepper to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Using a 1/4 cup, divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin tins, pressing down the mixture to gently form.
- Bake for 20 minutes then increase the temperature to 425°F. Bake for 10-12 minutes more or until the tops appear golden brown and the edges are dark golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes, then loosen the sides with a knife and gently lift out the hash browns with two forks.
- Serve immediately or freeze by first arranging the baked hash browns on a baking tray and freezing until firm. Store in a freezer-safe container which will keep for 3-4 weeks.