Making veggie fries is a great way to clean out the fridge and use up all the vegetables you have before they spoil. This recipe for carrot fries simply requires carrots, some herbs and spices, and a bit of time. Roast these slices in the oven, add some orange for a unique flavor, and then pair it with hummus for a delicious side dish or snack!
Baked Carrot Fries [Vegan]
- 5 cups fresh carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- A dash of sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried turmeric
- A good dash of dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- A dash of rosemary
- 1 fresh orange, cut into slices
- Parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Clean your carrots and cut the first half horizontally. The two carrots you will then cut each in half and then in half again (vertically). In other words, cut the carrots in the shape of french fries.
- Put them in a bowl and add the oil and the dried herbs and spices. Mix well and place on a baking sheet. Let the carrots roast in the oven for about 30 minutes at 355°F. This may take longer depending on your oven.
- During the last 10 minutes add the fresh orange slices on top of the carrots. You want the carrots to be soft on the inside and somewhat crunchy on the outside. Serve.