This vegan polenta recipe is super is easy to make and so tasty. There is nothing better than fresh polenta. Topped with mushrooms, radicchio and toasted pine nuts, this savory dish will satisfy any craving. Theoretically, you can use the packaged polenta, but once you make your own, you will never use the packaged stuff again. It's so easy and tasty. This vegan polenta recipe is the perfect meal for any time of day. You have to try it!
Baby Bellas and Radicchio over Polenta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 servings of polenta
- 2 green spring onions (use scallion if you can't find spring onions)
- 12 baby bella mushrooms (or any mushrooms you like)
- 1 small head of radicchio
- 1/4 cup white wine
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Parsley, for garnish
- Olive oil, for sautéing, optional
- Slice the green onions, slice the mushrooms and shred the radicchio.
- Oil or water sauté the onions in a pan with sides. Sweat until they are just soft. Add the mushrooms and cook until they soften, releasing some of their water. Add the white wine to deglaze the pan, then add the radicchio and cook until wilted. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Toast the pine nuts in a skillet on a low flame on the stovetop. Keep an eye on them, they will burn fast.
- To serve, place polenta in the bottom of a bowl. Top with the vegetable mixture and pine nuts.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!