As the weather starts to warm up this salad is a great way to celebrate Spring. The students at Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts make this dish into a work of art. The recipe here is simplified for easy at home use.
Avocado Tofu Salad [Vegan]
- 8 oz organic tofu, drained of excess moisture and diced
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 3 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 of a small lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Paprika for garnish
- Optional: Jalapeño or sriracha
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the avocado and some of the lemon juice together until creamy. Add salt and pepper (note: you can always add more lemon juice at the end to get it to your desired consistency, but you can never take it out)
- Gently fold in the tofu, red onion, and chives.
- Re-season with lemon juice, salt, or pepper, if necessary.
- Feel free to add a jalapeño or sriracha sauce for a bit of heat.
- Sprinkle with paprika for garnish.
- Enjoy with arugula and whole grain bread or by the spoonful!